Love is..... A happy retirement
Thank goodness Colin is so placid. I asked him how he puts up with my sudden grumpy moods. He said he is used to it. Had to get him helping me with lemon chicken tonight as it was a late dinner and just plain hard work. All the food work has been definitely worth it. Maybe it is working on his health. Good news that Colin's liver function test are finally on the down. His specialist who is on sick leave indefinitely said it may or may not burn itself out. Let's hope that is what is going on. His appointment has been pushed out and it is a shame because I was hoping that his prednisone could be lowered sooner. Colin says that dropping prednisone too quick will have a rebound effect on his adrenal gland.
Retirement is nice but more expensive. I am not shopping like I used to. Colin and I are shopping together for house things and repair items. Having him home seems to mean we use more of everything, food, toilet paper, power, water etc. But we are enjoying it too. So glad he is not working now but not sure if he is.
I am always talking to him and he is always not hearing me. I joked recently about his hearing and listening skills. He said his hearing was acute. I said it he might think it was cute not acute. I'm sure his acute hearing heard my bad mutterings when he tried to clean up a spill in the garage by tipping half a bottle of selleys liquid soap onto it.
I have my little melt downs but get over it quickly. Still going dancing once a week and hope to get back to a dance class soon. Unable to get out walking as much and are remembering to be careful to avoid contact with those who are infectious. All in all Colin is doing very well.
Alovely catch up lunch with friends last week. Sorry photo taker didn't understand when I asked them to hold the tablet steady.
No comments:
Post a Comment