Sunday, 20 November 2016

Win some and Lose some

We are having a string of badluck with breakdowns around the house. I asked Colin how we ever managed when he was working such long hours each week! When people ask what Colin is doing now we laugh. Like they think we are sitting around at home. Ha. Well we do sit for a while when we recoup and get on with the next job.  This month has been a flurry of activity in spurts.  Well Colin still likes to sit for hours and read the news paper daily which irritates me when I am  on an agenda.

The leaking shower was finally fixed but we still have the floor to go.  Dave the bathroom builder  was great and shhh! but he hasn't sent the bill yet. After removing gear from part of the wardrobe next to the ensuite and covering everything in plastic,  it became a mission to access anything.  The tradies took ages to book in and so what I thought was a week or so turned into a month of living downstairs and sharing the son's bathroom. If anything I gave his shower and bathroom  a good clean. A big hole in the ensuite floor fixed and threatening removal of a wall and cavity slider was averted. Can asure you the shower is great and new fitttings make a big difference. No more cleaning tiles and worrying about the leaking through the grout.
Now the gate has broken and depending on what we find we are hoping it doesn't entail tree removal. Can't start the weedeater so a service cost. 

Colin is still managing well.  No changes but he is functioning well and only gets tired later at night. Though I do find walking anywhere a little slow as his legs don't move very fast. Too much activity makes him exhausted Suddenly.  We attended a Leukemia meeting to listen to a dietitian talk.  Listening to the other more recent patients  made me think back to last year  and freaked me a bit. How did we get  so far? How did I get through it? Don't know how but the thought of going back is always in my mind.  Luckily not so much now as it was the fear of losing him on my mind e ery minute of the day and night I was awake.  Our friends Sandra and David came to the meeting too and also expressed the same feelings of last year being a million miles away.
We are so lucky to be here.

I have managed to acummulate more baby furniture for the awaited granddaughter in April. 👿 Hence a big sort and chuck out when the wardrobe went back.  (I swore that the same stuff was not going back so I parted with shoes and handbags) and clean up of the landing to store the baby gear. Then moved downstairs stairs to the office.  I have filled the inorganic bin with heaps of paper.  Today was another hitting the garden as the bin pickup is next week.  How come as you work in one area, you see 10 other jobs to be done?? This is a busy week out so I have my work cut out for me. Hiring a gardener is sounding like a great idea.

Off to Foodtown reunion but the cat is limping so a vet visit costing $144 but Colin pulls the senior card and gets 10% discount and 4c on the AA card. It all adds up

Knitting for the grand child due next year. 
Remember this? 
Early 2015 after chemo. Hasn't Colin come a long way

Colin today looking healthy and a bit chubbier
Note I have him at work. 
5 months pregnant  and a movember! 

No comments:

Post a Comment