Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Grandma Grandad

Life has been full on  with moments of joy at seeing out little Grand daughter Chloe who is a darling . It has been a difficult 6 week for her mum, Julie and our son Nick because she was born by C section. This made it harder for Julie to recover and nurse the baby. The benefits of having her mum staying for 6 months have been tremendous. It has taken the pressure off us but there has still been a lot to consider. Today was her 6 week immunization which Julie needed our support for. Poor little Chloe had to have an injection in both thighs and she didn't like it.   after a cry, and feed she went off to sleep.

We had her 1 month party 2 weeks ago. I organised it in 1 week as there was a deadline. 46 people and  lots of food made for a wonderful afternoon. Chinese celebrate  one month after the baby is born. This is a  celebration to let everyone meet baby and her coming out as such. Babies are not supposed to leave home before that so they are protected from bugs and germs till they are a little stronger. A very good idea.

Colin is still well. Sometimes I am not sure what his brain is doing though. Think it is the diabetes and if his sugar is low he doesn't function as well. It is a little frustrating and stressful for me as the load is on my shoulders continuously.  Some days I feel like I really need a break. Lucky that is coming up in June when I have a few days away with a friend.  We are dancing a little less but still keeping up our fitness. Just.

A month of house maintenance ahead which I am not looking forward to. Taking ages to get the scaffold in place due to the difficult design of the house.
Let you know how it goes in a month

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF

Spend an hour cutting down vegetation and fill the garden bin. Talk to the scaffolders working on our house. Head out to Remuera and pick up Niece for lunch. Venue is closed so we find another restaurant. Rush back so she can visit with our grand daughter. Drop niece off on way to Take Chloe and Julie for check up and 6 week vaccination. Little Chloe screams with an injection in both thighs. Poor baby. We wait 20 mins and comfort Chloe after a breastfeed. Take them home. Head  home hoping to miss the traffic. Meanwhile micro managing a few other things while on the road. Get home to prepare for dinner. Catch a nana nap on the couch( that's ok as I am a nana now). Have a rant during cooking dinner. Finish off costumes after dinner. I need my bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment