Tuesday, 19 January 2016

1 Year on today

 Photos from Cameron's Graduation in July 2015
Love is... The glue in the marriage
19 January
Last year was when dear Colin  was admitted to hospital with the diagnosis shock of Leukemia.
Haven't we come a long long long way since then???? .  I  lost a year,. Changed priorities,  gained friends and a whole lot of new skills to manage this illness.
He is not out of the woods yet but hovering on the out skirts of the forest.  Blood tests keep tooing and froing.
As Sandra  D says "we won't entertain those thoughts.  It is going to be a good year"
And so far it has been.  A little too good that I  have worn Colin out with all our partying.  Just making up for lost time.
He said he needs an afternoon nap to catch up.  Too much partying!
I think I need one too.  The humidity is wiping me out.
I  am still working like a Trojan on house,  garden,  Colin and the wedding. 
When I think back on the year it doesn't seem real.  I  can't believe still that I  have emerged to start another year.  I have put the horrible parts into the recesses of my mind and am working on positive thinking.  My wonderful friends have kept me going and kepp supporting us.
Love to all you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment