Friday, 19 August 2016

Blonde Ambition

Love is.... A new wife

Colin's wife is now BLONDE.  Actually grey with blonde highlights this is due to necessity of cutting out the dark dyes which are more dangerous.  They say blondes have more fun don't they.  Still waiting.

Colin went to his 10 week clinic appointment at Auckland Hospital this week. Seems so odd that we were going 3 times a week last year. Now the staff have changed.  The charge nurse has left and only some of the nurses are familiar. I  made them some scones which were appreciated.  Also popped up to the ward to let them see Colin is well.  They don't know what happens to past patients so was nice to see them. Again Colin's blood test is fluctuating. Just when I thought he was going to progress,  there are some liver functions rising.  Will wait and see.  He does look well and we are happy spending every day together.

Our attempts to get to bed earlier and rise earlier isn't working.  Now that we have finally seen the sun for a week and the weather is heading for spring we feel more inclined to be active. Even with 3 dance nights a week we have lost all our summer walking fitness.  I have been eating non stop but mainly healthy foods.  Just too much of them.  Suddenly want to eat salads and discovered a No Knead CIABATTA  recipe.  Cousin Di has given me full instructions for beat in one sponge cake that I finally mastered.  So good when I  get guests calling in..  Still spend heaps of time in the kitchen but it is worth it.  Have to keep trying to be healthy.

Daily healthy smoothie from organic carrots and beetroot with walnuts, yoghurt,  flaxseed,  apple and orange and seasonal fruits
Oven disasters : dropped the white chocolate mud cake oops

No comments:

Post a Comment