Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Getting Back on Track

Love is.... Someone to care for you

We have had a busy month again.  I got a bit stressed out from an overload of work.  You know how you are fine and then one thing tips you over the OK level.  Just took on too much and had to scale back.  Didn't  help that I caught a chest cold which really knocked  me for energy. Colin had to look after me this time and he was trying but I  still have to cook and was pretty exhausting just getting everything done or not done actually.  Daughter in law brought us some dimsim which was a godsend for lunch one day.  Amazingly I am getting better and have spent yesterday on catch up mode in  the garden.  The sunlight and activity does wonders but the next day I am on a go slow again.

After going to the Home show we have ended up buying things we probably didn't need.  A new shower was costly but we have a leak that needs fixing so a whole new unit which eliminates the tiles should do the trick.  Now working on quotes and deciding on show rose and mixer.  There is also remedial work to be done on the roof so a bit of major ahead.  Still ticking along on the garden tidy up and vege planting for the new season. My two new metal  garden beds are finally filled with a trailer load of organic mix.  Filling them was easier than I thought but had to pace myself.

Colin's fortnightly blood test has been on the decrease over this month.  What a relief,  as it is always a scare when there is a rise.  We are keeping hoping that there will be a normal result one day.  He is doing fantastically well and managing our slowed life well.  More than we can ask for.  We are still doing 2 or 3 dances a week.  Several  of those a class but a great work out none the less.  I have to make sure he rests between dances as getting too tired for both of us means a difficult day ahead. Have not been back to our walking regime as we are late starters in the morning.  Colin's medication  routine in the morning makes it hard to fit it in and he loves to meander over the Herald.  Some times I have to give him a stern hurryup so we can get on with the chores.

Son Nick has returned safely from Los Angeles after 2 weeks work there and visiting my cousin Theresa and biys Davin and Justin.  Just so happens that my mum is visiting at the same time so the visit was fun. So good that at 87 mum can still travel and enjoy herself. Jukie daughter in law has also returned from the US after going for a conference

No comments:

Post a Comment