Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Tomorrow tomorrow, I love you (Gin Wigmore)

Love is..... Having a tomorrow to share

Tuesday week 12
Clinic yesterday and all is great so far with Colin.  Left by 12.30 which is almost a record. Popped in to see Daphne and  Colin and bonus Julie and Pete were there.  Had afternoon tea. Amazing to begin getting back to socialising just a little.  Colin's sisters visited Thursday.  Sandra and Kevin,  Viv and Steve visited on Friday. Crystal and Sam visited on Sunday.  A whirlwind of visitors.

Colin is walking 2 km and we are managing most days now weather is warmer and there is a Window of clear sky. 
Hair
Can't believe it had taken 3 months for even a show of hair growth on his head .  That last round of chemo was really toxic. I can just barely see the growth but you can feel it. It is growing back a different texture this time almost like a five o'clock shadow. Still grey.  I wondered why my hair is so grey but saw on tv that it is due to stress.  That is why it increased this year then. Damn.

Thursday
I have a grasp on what to cook given the restrictions for transplant and diabetes.  I have loosened up on the transplant lists as Colin's blood levels are  so good.  Basically cutting out added sugar and lowering Glycemic index.  (but I ate some lemon cake for breakfast - it was so oo good)  Friend has recommended a cancer recovering book which recommends more foods and supplements. Barry Thomson Defeat Cancer Twice. Colin is not keen and I have heaps more reading and research. Not introducing anything yet due to the transplant and he can't stomach any more tablets at present.  A work in progress.
Colin was feeling sick after lunch because we are playing with the anti nausea drugs.  Got it sorted now but don't want what happened last time

Afternoon tea
Out and about with Mary up to our shopping tricks again

No comments:

Post a Comment