Friday, 1 May 2015

Moving along

Love is..... Eating pure peanut butter ( from Binn Inn)

Wednesday
Consultant visit and an introduction to the transplant nurse.  The weeks are flying but it is almost if we don't want it to come too quickly because Colin is amazingly well and almost 100% presently.  All that will change dramatically once chemo starts in preparation for the stem cells from his donor. The chemo must obliterate his own stem cells.  Unfortunately he is going to have a reduced intensity transplant which means reduced effectiveness.  I feel quite devastated that it may not be a cure but am praying that it will be successful regardless. There is much information to take in and we await the testing to be done at the superclinic. Carrying on as normally as possible.  Great to see friends at clinic.

Thursday
I have discovered we are only walking 2 km but doing well .  Because the weather is wet I have conned Colin into my yoga class for 2 this morning.  I am amazed again at the range of movement he gains from a basic class.  He is so stiff,  from a previous back operation but loosens up heaps by the end of the class.  Decided to go to dance class again,  2nd this week to keep active.  It feels fabulous to dance and socialise with our friends again.
Mary Y has kindly popped round with a food delivery.  She is a legendary cook producing peanut brownies, that I have to confess I have demolished fairly quickly.  The meat pie was a timely lunch and vegetable soup for tomorrow. It is nice to have a day where I don't have to think about cooking and just do the reheating.

Friday
We have had a number of visitors this week and many long phone calls.  It is helpful to talk and read emails.  I feel guilty I am behind with the garden and housework jobs.  Should catch up this weekend though.  The exercise and daily routine flows into the next day. Have increased distance to 3 km walk today.   It's nice to cosy up in bed after a busy day and keep each other warm as the temperatures slowly decline. He is tired tonight. 
I still have to finish my  Accounts this weekend but do this under duress.  Some of you will know what I mean. I'm nearly there though!
Donor Anne has completed testing and orientation and all is nearly ready on her end.


No comments:

Post a Comment