Monday, 27 April 2015

Enjoying the lull

Love is....enjoying touching him while I can

Colin's hair is beginning to take shape.  I can't stop rubbing his head.  It has taken so long for his hair to grow back.  I am surprised at how slow it is growing  and how sparse it is.  There is some colour appearing and his hair is downy and soft. I am touching and hugging him in anticipation of his return for treatment. Because when chemo starts and his white cells deplete and the numbers drop to zero we have to return to the "no touch" policy, barrier nursing regime.  Then He looks like he is scared for you to touch him. Not looking forward to the intense cleaning as I have totally slacked off. Not impressed that the toilet cleaner splashed on my leggings and bleached them either.

Like the calm before the storm, we  are basking in being home together. Sadly I have trained him to watch  Dr Phil, and daytime TV, which I switch on while we are eating lunch or cooking. The cooking programmes haven't taken his interest yet!
Gosh Colin worked hard on the 6 velux  windows,  as the foam needs replacing. He is doing amazing. Up ladders,  doing his walks and general house maintenance.  He has stopped his afternoon sleeps for 2 weeks now.  Still watching his weight but due to all his activity, lost weight yesterday. Back to taking the fortisip

Ekk. I got a fright when he came in from outside after chopping down half of the huge prickly cactus outside.  Was pleased he was around to smack the rat on the head with a hammer too. It's beady eyes were staring at me,  over the lawnmower.  It caught it's nose in the rat trap and was jumping around.  Those suckers  take a lot of hammering to die.  Hey.  I am not into letting them go either.  But I did scream from fright when I nearly stood on it but  Cam said "calm down its dead"  I said "are you sure?"  he said "well it's brains are hanging out.". At least it won't be feeding on my feijoa now. 

Making me look bad and feel lazy. "putting sick husband to work"  NOT. 

Nepal 

Praying for 3 friends from Glenda's group who are stuck at the airport. Luckily,  have all survived but not sure if they have food and water or when they can get home. Also Sandra and Kevin's nephew over there but is safe. My son saw his post on Facebook. Must be really scary for them all. 

Photos 

Pics of Colin's family at Farewell dinner  for Aaron and Joyce with their return to Canada on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment