Love is... Being able to "Live life out loud"
Saw this statement on a truck as we drove into hospital this morning and I am doing that. Especially with this blog I couldnt be any louder.
Day —2
Wednesday
And so it begins. Colin is really not feeling well this morning. Feeling exhausted and nauseous. These are some of the side effects of the chemical cocktail inside him. We are prepared but I am a little disappointed that it has come on after such a good run. Driving in we have struck an accident on the motorway so exit to try and get there in time for the next chemo treatment. I have to walk him up to the ward. Thanks to a relative I can get a park near by. It is a blessing. The walk is good therapy. No wonder his blood pressure is up. Feeling so unwell he is unable to do anything himself.
He will now stay in hospital for the duration.
Was nice last night to be home together and get agood nights sleep in our own bed.
I left the hospital in the torrential rain, jumping over streams of running water in the dark and dodging the slippery leaves under foot. Colin ate very little today and voiced his feelings which was very unusual for him. A very sick puppy today. I have left him feeling a bit better after having sampled the diner. Settled on peaches and jelly instead. Medication has settled in to make him a bit more comfortable. He is in the right place and had a fabulous nurse over this week.
Thursday —1
Colin feels better today. Not so nauseous but tired. Ate some lunch but appetite has disappeared. I cooked up a storm lastnight and this morning and left the fallout for Cameron to tidy. Chinese chicken and sweet corn soup for dinner and macaroni cheese for lunch. Have carried my rice pot and food for the next few days with me. Luckily the rain just holds off till i walk nearer the hospital. My arms were sore. Just made a trifle for us and David and Sandra to share.
Night 6pm and Colin has woken nauseous again. It is taking heaps of meds to try and get him right. No food tonight.
Tomorrow is D day.
No comments:
Post a Comment