Wednesday, 24 June 2015

This little piggy went wee wee all the way home

Love is...... Getting my Colin  back,  mind,  body and soul -  well nearly

Wednesday Day 19
Results are so good that Colin was allowed home today for the afternoon. While he slept,  I got stuck in at home. A great milestone.
Thanks everyone for all the prayers and good good wishes.  Must be working!
Keep up the positive thoughts though as we are not out of the woods.
Evidently 60% of patients return especially if  GVHD happens.
I had a big grin on my face as we trundled along the motorway home.
Julie bought us Vietnamese dinner and I cooked fried rice.  Was perfect and yummy after what I have been eating for a month

Colin has refused to shower at home though as it is too cold.   I agree. 

Thursday day 20

Dr Sophie has allowed Colin to come home and stay for  the  night tonight .  What a relief for me from driving back and forth.  Good progress so due for discharge Friday. Packing up Colin's room and bringing everything home is like shifting house. His and my  clothes and belongings and my small kitchen,  crockery and rice pot included.  I lay down in bed and loved watching him sleeping. It felt like a gift to have him home again. 

Friday Day 21

Back to hospital this morning for blood tests and a doctor checkup. A wonderful day to come home and just as I packed him into the car and hit the road it started to rain. Getting all our belongings  packed so we could carry it down the lifts and outside was a mission.  Next job was to buy a tablet dispenser to fit all the tablets and capsules into. 

 



Showing my bed which disappears into the cupboard during the day
How did we end up with all this to bring home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment