Saturday, 6 June 2015

Day 1 post BMT

Love is.... Seeing past the grumpy

Saturday
Colin ate his full meal of beef stroganof last night.  Yayyyy! Not so yay is the effects of the chemo.
Chemo fog  makes him hazy,  exhausted and forgetful. I am staying in hospital with him and getting him to do mouthwash,  eat,  exercise and body care.  He got so grumpy with me when I kept asking him last night to rinse his mouth.  Really important to stop the ulcers. When i told him he was grumpy he laughed. Nurse Sharon was trying to find out when he took his tablet she left.  I had ducked out for hot chocolate with Daphne and Colin and a good catch up.  We discovered he had thrown it out by mistake!
It was anti nausea so he really needed it. His legs are buckling from under him and he has lost 3 kilos already so I have my work cut out for me today. I felt like going home today but was too tired from the lack of sleep. 

Colin's sister Leonie and husband Phil came to say good bye today as returning to Wellington tomorrow. 
Walked to 277 with Sandra so we could get some groceries.  Needed the outing and was a warm day.  Lovely to get away for a break. 
Finally Colin is himself tonight.  Less sick and more alert for a short while.  We had Pokeno sausages  for lunch and he really enjoyed them. 
He is snoring now so will have a better sleep. Finally I have my Colin back,  it was like he went away and his personality had changed. 
Good night.

She is making me eat but I can hardly keep my eyes open 

No comments:

Post a Comment