Love is..... Helping Colin clear his office
Sunday
Colin has to go into the ward at hospital for a blood test just in case he needs more tranfusing. He doesn't as expected but it is lovely to catch up with Sandra D and on her husband David's progress. Unfortunately he is still neutropenic like Colin. David doesn't look well and has lost weight and is spiking temperatures and going through the shivers. Sandra is living in the hospital room like I did in February as he is still very sick from an infection that is hard to fight. Glad she pestered the dietitian for fortisip powder which she can use in different ways.
Saturday night Colin and I decided to post the over 3000 letters through the slot in the post box. Well! I went to the post office on Saturday morning and there was a long queue and carrying 2 huge and 2 small boxes in was too hard when I was in a hurry. As I said keeping the NZ post in business. For anyone wanting to sent that volume I can let you know it fits with room to spare!
Clearing the office
With sadness I help Colin clear his office after 34 years in practice this is not what we planned. He throws out a huge rubbish bag of old medical folders and notes. He is so good and works fast which amazes me because I am exhausted and want to lie on the bed. The new bloods are making a big difference to him. I slowly load up the car. Goodness knows where we will store all the medical notes and folders. (if all goes well Colin will be back to work as a locum later in the year)
Cameron is my home lifter and does it with ease. I have become so weak from lack of exercise.
I have to force Colin to have a sleep when we get home as he is in tidy up mode. Good and I get on with dinner which is seafood chowder, yum. I even bought bluff oysters but Colin doesn't want them as can't eat them raw anyway.
I keep falling asleep on the couch so Colin tells me we have to go to bed. We are both doing bioptron light therapy from borrowed lamps and sit and snooze under the soothing lamps. One owner said it works on wrinkles so I better try that out too.

No comments:
Post a Comment