Love is......enjoying family time together
Friday
We can't believe our luck travelling into Auckland in record time this morning to get there by 10.30. Fluked a car park just in the nick of time as the car park is full up. Colin's bloods have dropped again so it is a transfusion of blood and platelets today. Lovely nurse Serena is chatty and friendly. He is going to be there a long time and he is so lucky to get a bed today. It is so much more comfy, because his haemoglobin is 82 which is very low and he needs to sleep today. Friend Doug rings from Melbourne and has a chat to Colin. So nice of him to contact us. After lunch Colin starts the infusions before 1pm so I contact Glenda to pick me up for a change of scenery. We visit Iris with Irene and have a nice break. I get back just before 4pm as his tubes are being unplugged from his chest.
Takes ages to get home with the traffic at peak. Sandra and Kevin meet us by 6pm with another delicious meal for dinner. And I thought we would be home by 1pm. So works out perfectly
We have to return on Sunday to the ward our other home and Tuesday we see the consultant. Guess he works out where to go from here. Feeling bit apprehensive about what he will say.
Colin says he feels better after the bloods, as he was very anaemic. He seems to have more energy but typical Colin never noticed that he felt tired and never said anything.
Saturday
Great a day at home without the interruption of a hospital trip today. I had to go to a baby yum char but Colin was unable to go. Great to catch up with some of Mt friends.
I am cleaning up and cooking the rest of the day as the family are here for dinner. Also trying to eat up the fridge but the boys have bought burgers to munch on. Don't seem to have are much time to do anything else. The boys are watching the cricket and even I have to watch NZ win against West Indies. As usual they have to give me a running commentary because I am in and out and only pay part attention. Cameron has given me his old phone and I can't import the phone book. Finally Cameron is the son who sorts it out. Nick gives him flack for buying a Samsung Galaxy 5 but Cameron has done his homework.
No comments:
Post a Comment