Monday, 13 April 2015

3 months & counting

Love is.... Huggling up and you can feel your husbands groshong (intravenous catheter)

3 months
And counting.  Can you believe that it is 3 months from diagnosis. We have a long way to go.  When the doctors said that Colin would be in hospital for 6 weeks and under going treatment for a minimum of 6 months,  we got such a shock.  Time is irrelevant now.  We are together at home for now.  There is a daily routine that we are managing well. I don't get out of the kitchen before lunch though.

Progress
Colin has done the evening dishes 3 times now.  Gosh that makes such a difference to me. He is managing so well.  Exercise didn't happen today due to the cold rainy weather but we plan to keep going to dance class for now.    Main blood tests are spot on.  Variations in liver function mean he has stopped one of the drugs.  Will see if that helps.
I see he is wearing his wooly hat due to the cold.

Lucy
Just as we were drifting of to sleep last night I heard Cameron yell through the intercom.  I rushed downstairs to find him pointing to a big fat hairy rat by the bathroom.  Good little Lucy killed another one so now we can get to the feijoas first.  I didn't get too close as they are gross!  I knew it was a good idea having sons.  They have to deal to the nasties. 

Friends
Have kept us going with support and continued contact.  Glad so many are interested in the blog.  I know we have friends watching from Australia,  Ireland and USA.  Those on travels to Japan and Korea are showing on the world audience.  Not sure who is watching from RUSSIA AND HONG KONG though.
We are so happy Sandra D and husband David have gone home last week and he is doing well.  We check in with each other regularly and swap notes. They are closer to transplant than us. Mainly because of a delay in putting the siblings on the list which was the hospitals slip. WE should hear any day soon.
Please,  please can we have a match.

Our new alkalizing water filter
Water is so much nicer

No comments:

Post a Comment