Thursday, 9 April 2015

On Hold


Wednesday
Colin's mum came round with her weekly soup, Chinese style for him.  He loves that soup and it is perfect for in-between meals.
I am organised and Cameron is cooking burgers for dinner with Colin so I can have a night off.  That is my plan so I can race off to take my yoga class again.  Friend Mary  H  is doing a great job keeping the class going. Just loved teaching yoga again as it truly energizes you.  I have lost so much flexibility and was a bit achy last night but feels wonderful.  Must find time to keep going.
Thursday
Appointment day but we had to leave home early to do jobs.  We have purchased a water alkalizer as cancer doesn't like an alkaline body.  Going to have to look at the food we are eating as well. Traffic is heavy all day.  We  have  a 4 pm appointment at Colin's bloods, are good and still improving for now.  Because the donor testing has not been completed  he has been put on hold for a few more weeks. If a sibling donor eventuates then Colin will go to transplant.  It's NOT going to be a walk in the park!  WE are hoping it will happen and sooner better than later.  We have a couple of weeks up our sleeve. Colin will go back to hospital with in the month for some form of treatment be it more chemo or bone marrow transplant.  Pray for a sibling match for us as finding another donor is hard and time consuming and more difficult for the body to handle. I have been driving all day and it even takes us an hour to get home at 4.30 pm
Home at 5.30pm to cook and I am tired now but nothing a good sleep won't fix

Today I had my 3rd request this year to present my speech again on the Ah Chee history.  I love giving the speech as it brings my father alive again and  people love listening to the family background and genuinely are surprised about the small beginnings.  I unfortunately have had to decline but may be able to do them later in the year. 
Colin and his mother 
Day stay waiting for bloods to be taken

No comments:

Post a Comment