Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Can I have this dance?

Love is........ Being able to dance with Colin again.

Tuesday
When Colin got sick I never thought we would dance again and it made me feel so sad because we had such a great time with the dance crowd.  I knew we would still see the group again but not being able to dance together was something I never thought of before.  In fact the dance friends have really kept us going strong. Tonight I encouraged Colin to go back to Albert's class.  Even just for the exercise and he did so well.  His memory is way better than mine.  It felt so right to dance again after so long. Since New Year's Eve actually.  After a few stuff ups we went quite well.  Learnt a new rumba move and a recap on the New Vogue.  Kevin kept us entertained with lots of laughs and Albert kept teasing June.  Nothing has changed but we really missed it.  It brought a tear to my eye dancing with Colin again.  So I whispered " I love you"  as we rumba danced across the studio.  Simple pleasures. 
I honestly can't believe how far he has progressed. Amazing.

Well now he has an enforced retirement we might make the Thursday class as well.  It is so much more fun dancing than plodding the pavement for exercise.

Life is much more relaxed for us at the moment.  There is still lots to do but no pressure now.  Colin can manage almost normally,  golly he didn't have his regular afternoon kip the last 2 days. I cleaned the kitchen before lunch and spent the whole afternoon planting out the garden.  Once it is sorted it will only need watering and a little weeding. I am picking green vegetables already which is my aim for healthy eating.  Colin is flat out sorting his accounts and stuck in the man cave. He has managed some minor repairs round here and has gained back his independence.  His weight is good and still gaining slowly even with the relaxed food intake. His bloods are mostly  normal

Heard you all had a fabulous Easter weekend dancing and we were thinking of you all at the events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment