Sunday, 7 June 2015

A Better day

Love is..... A non grumpy man
Sunday
DAY 2
There has been a slow improvement because the nausea is subsiding or the medication is working perhaps.  Colin gained back some weight as he ate yesterday. Today my boys brought up jook that mum cooked and Colin really enjoyed it and a boiled egg.  Simple pleasures.  So relieved to see him eat.  The specialist said there may be a dip on day 4 or 5. I always think that "no,  Colin will be fine"  but something always happens.  So not holding my breath.
I will go home for a sleep tonight while it is all going well.
Shortly as the graft cells take and his immune system is depleted he will go through fevers and chills.
As I drive home,  I am anticipating a night at home watching "dancing with the Stars"  and a good sleep in my own bed. It is sad to leave Colin but I know he is in excellent hands. It feels like I went on holiday for a few days,  20 minutes from home but the hotel was a open door policy with people marching in and out of our room.  TV dinners and trying to cook simple food in the microwave or sandwich griller and sanitizing everthing a million times.  Nice to get a break from that infection palarva.  Did enjoy a walk around to Parnell and back with sister Debbie this afternoon seeing it was  a lovely day. 

Monday 
Day 3
I had a blissful night at home but didnt do much.  Colin didnt have me there to negotiate a stay on the Naso gastric tube unfortunately.  I dont think he will need it but we shall see.  All going really well.  He is happy and mobile  and not so tired.  Yayyy!  

Tuesday 
Day 4
Colin is fine.  Underlying nausea is manageable so he is eating 3 small meals a day and weight is steady.  He is really comfortable and even exercising around the ward.  
I sleep much better at home and prep food in the morning,  take in lunch and stay to make dinner then home by 8 pm.  We are aware that his  bloods will  drop to rock bottom and that can change any time. 
The ward is full to the brim and there are 7 patients in out lying wards.  Scary that there is so much blood cancer around.  Everyone has a variation of the theme and the doctors and nurses are run off their feet.  Lucky Colin and David D are well and dont need much care. 

I 'm not sure if they can stick any more tubes or needles in 

1 comment:

  1. Really glad he is feeling a bit better now and able to eat , keep on the good work ! We will keep praying for you two .Jiayou !

    ReplyDelete