Tuesday, 7 July 2015

The tortoise will win the race.

Love is..... Caring and sharing every day

Weekend
We enjoyed our quiet weekend but come Saturday it is so different to our usual quick dinner then out by 8pm to join the dance group at the Cossie club.  I miss it and the exercise.  We are content watching Dancing With The Stars.  There is some good and bad dancing there.

Monday  Day 31
Day stay clinic at 11am and all is going well.  Colin's blood tests are good and amazingly he does not need blood products. Catch up with David And Sandra D and it is like a reunion with 2 other patients.  Met a new friend.  He has been in Auckland for 10 months with his wife while he is undergoing treatment.  They are struggling being away from Kaitaia so long and unable to work.  Not seen their 12 year old daughter since April.  I feel for them and realise there is always some one else worse  off.  That's why we continue day by day just appreciating what we have.
I am in a better frame of mind as  we leave clinic by 1.45pm.  Yayyy again as I talk Dr Sophie into us  returning on Thursday and cutting visits to twice a week.

Colin is making slow progress but I think he feels like the tortoise.  He is very lethargic still but this is normal and nurses say he is doing amazing.  They are not concerned with his small eye bleed or other minor symptoms.  His nausea still is a bother and his weight has dropped.  I am encouraging him to take more anti nausea to help as reiterated by the doctor. Bring on the 100 days.  Broke protocol and ate Georgie Pies for lunch!

I pick up some corokia plants on the way home as I have been wanting to fill in the hedge where ones have died.  During Colin's afternoon nap,  I double glove and change clothes and manage to get them all planted. (got to be careful of garden bacteria and fungus) I feel so pleased with myself.  I am managing to keep up with the cleaning by attacking it by small increments and cooking is under control. The washing is up to date even though i it was like a gym work out last week making the super king bed.  I vacuumed it,  flipped the mattress,  changed the linen and fought with the bambillos. They don't like to go into the pillow cases easily.

THURSDAY Day 34
All still going on track with Colin.  Amazingly he is still going along well and not needing IV products like everyone else at day stay. 

Donor cells have taken  over 95% of Colin's peripheral blood cells.  Woo hoo.  

 I trek to Newmarket and buy some comfortable ankle boots (comfort before style) .  It still takes a while to leave day stay.  Unfortunately on the way home we get a flat tyre in Mt Wellington.  Luckily AA have us mobile and back on the road in 20 minutes!  Firestone have a policy on my tyres which give me free puncture repair.  Thank goodness.

Spot the problem
I try and make Colin stay in the car out of the freezing cold wind

No comments:

Post a Comment