Thursday, 23 July 2015

Tickety Boo

Love is..... Growing in strength between us

Thursday Day 48

Day stay and all is the same.  Met some new people in the hematology daystay room as they are short staffed with 2 nurses down.  Usually in the transplant room.  Colin has been exercising on the bike for 5 minutes and walked down the road to build stamina this week. Sandra D and I  walked around the Domain as I  needed to take some photos but the phone battery went flat.  I am  bored so have started knitting a hat.   Hope it works out. Probably be finished and it will be summer with the way the pattern is running. 

Friday Day 49 

Dodged a bullet but still in the line of fire  

Can hardly believe we are almost half way to the 100 days of the acute stage.  Colin has attended Greenlane hospital and found out he now has diabetes. Was a shock for both of us that he is straight on to insulin injections.  The registrar was blunt and off hand and I repremanded him for his attitude thinking because Colin was a doctor he was fine with it.  I reminded him Colin was a person like everyone else and it is still a shock to hear.  The nurse said it was a shame the consultant was unavailable today and the outcome was not what was discussed with the transplant doctor. For now colin will try and cope with yet another health issue which could have been exacerbated by the cyclosporin. 

1 good thing: the results of the biopsy is that  he doesn't have GVHD and does not need steroids at the moment.  What will next week bring.  I am off the a dance class tomorrow and a movie in the afternoon.  Need to take a break while I  can.  CAMERON is in charge.  



No comments:

Post a Comment