Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Climbing out of the bath

Love is....... A life necessity
There is nothing with out it.

Nurse Sharyn
She has been Colin's nurse for many days.  She said to us yesterday how gentle and kind he is and can understand why his patients like him. He is very undemanding.  The staff tell him off for not calling them to take him to the toilet as it was dangerous on his own. He doesn't like to trouble people. 
Well he got a tiny bit demanding with me.  "you pushed the straw too hard"  he said when I  gave him a drink
I said "no more than usual,  would you rather do it yourself?"  no comment from him but I said sorry. 

Yesterday he sat up for a long time twice and could manage most things by himself.  I am not sure if he could walk if a strong wind was blowing though.
He is nearly falling over as it is and his legs and arms are like sticks.  Wish I was like a stick.  Bit of comfort eating was happening here.
Bit less for me to do but hand him his food and drink when heated now. 
Not sure how he will gain weight when he has to go nil per mouth and then they don't bring him any food after a procedure?  Every little bit counts at the moment.  Eat 5 times a day or more. He was so good I was able to leave hospital by 6.40 last night.  Needed to buy chocolate biscuits supplies!

The Bath
There was the sudden slide into the bath.  A long traverse of the bottom with lots of valleys.  Now it feels he is on his way climbing up the other side of the bath.
Let's hope.

PM
Have arrived to find Colin is sleepy but in good spirits.  When I talk he answers me back now which is better.  Got to be careful what I say in front of him.  Unfortunately his weight has dropped  again 59 kg after such a good day of eating your gifted food.  Today with 2 tests and nil per mouth will be hopeless as well.  Part of it is lack of fluids as he is off the drip.  Most of it is lack of movement.  Golly I am trying and doing less for him but plan is to get him to walk a distance every day.  Plan is not working.  Yet! All the nurses have said he was so sick.  Other patients  are so mobile it is frustrating  for me. 
As soon as he comes back from his scan  I am on food duty.  Mars bars and all.


Night

OMG Colin has been eating dinner for 2 hours non stop. i cant believe a person can fit in so much food. 
He is making up for it as feeling so much less nauseous. Now he realises he over did it. 
Honestly every time I turned around he was stuffing his face. 
Busy afternoon. 
Feeling good as he talked to Ray and Carol and managed so well. blood results unchanged though.

A great day with massive improvement.



Oncology massage with Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment