Love is...... Being able to come home to my house (which I love)
I'm so lucky I can walk out of hospital, smell the fresh air, feel the sun on my skin, look around me and come home to my sanctuary.
Very soon I hope Colin can do so too.
Well evidently the chemo sensitises their skin and the sun makes them fry so no sun. OK.
I 'M not going to say I wasn't scared on Sunday night. I was. But I knew the staff had it under control.
Son Nick turned up in time to keep me company. I am next to Colin but most of the time he cannot converse.
I am amazed that you guys turn up with food, give me a ride, phone me, advise, do a job for me or visit just when it is needed. My head is a bit scrambled to try and plan.
Unconsciously thinking all night about the jobs and the next most important thing on the list. But I am going with the flow.
IRD are the only ones who aren't lenient. Still have to submit GST even if you are comatosed or die . No extension. Stupid.
See what today brings up.
Mostly boring hospital food and hospital routine. Have to change Colin's bed sheets as they are covered in his hair! Not bald yet and he was pretty thin on top anyway.
Amazing
Must have had another premonition moment because have arrived in hospital and Colin is way better. Just getting the right antibiotics and time for the neutrophils to develop. He said the registrar mentioned maybe HOME next week if things keep improving. Have to be really careful at home though and just talking to other patients they are home for 3-10 days and then back again for round 2 of chemo. Patient this morning said she just got back from 11 days at home and that was heaven. I can imagine as that is how I felt going home last night and that was only 1 night staying away.
Fantastico
Dietician
Because Colins weight is 60.4 kg she said to eat chocolate biscuits.
Blimey no wonder i can't lose weight.
He just ate half a specialty pie and sweet corn soup, biscuit

No comments:
Post a Comment