Love is.... Sitting on the couch grinning at each other
Colins miraculous bounce back from chemo had me caught out But it came at the right time. Having him home for the night was so special I couldn't sleep as I kept checking if he was okay. Bit like bringing the new baby home. The hematologist took pity on us and said we didn't need to come back last night. So we returned this morning for the discharge which took 3 hours. It was odd leaving his room which he had lived in for 31/2 weeks.
He hasn't let me kiss him but I would steal kisses placed on his neck or bald head because the passing of bugs is too dangerous. I can now give him hugs seeing he is upright and I can get my arms around his frail body. Feeding him all day so his stomach is always full. Aim to fatten him up just so he is strong enough for more chemo. He kissed me on the cheek yesterday so we are getting closer.
He manged to shower unaided yesterday, is able to walk by himself small distances, stays awake all day now
He still has clinic appointments in Auckland but he is home for two weeks to recuperate. That can change any time though. Biopsy this Friday will determine how soon he goes back.
Thanks everyone for all the messages of support and offers of help. Little messages kept me strong and positive when I was waning . The food has been amazing and a real support and the transporting came just at the right time. I think we will be needing help during round 2 but hoping it won't be as bad.
Thanks friends and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment