Love is..... Enjoying being together.
A good day. Rushing around in the morning to prepare and look forward to seeing Colin at lunchtime.
Got to briscoes to buy a rice pot for the hospital. EVEY'S Good idea of cooking in the pot is going to happen shortly. Got one to make soup, steam, do yow mei farn . Bought a nutribullet this morning. Get free magic bullet which I can use here for fruit smoothies. Can't wait.
New chair arrived for patient when he gets home. Looks cool and wasn't cheap but so comfy.
Sandra arrives just in time and Kevin is my taxi. Didn't get much sleep so by 7pm I would be grumpy and would be a dangerous driver.
There is less to do now. Colin is not feeling well but managed to shave and wash face, brush teeth. I have to wait for the meds to work.
He eats quite well courgette slice and some of his favourite lemon lime and bitters . I'm so relieved. As leaving last night I was so stressed with unexpected visitors and 2 hours to get him to eat dinner, a cheese toasted sandwich. Julie Q gives me a shoulder massage which I love.
Mmmmmm
Eat, toilet, sleep, eat, toilet, sleep etc etc, that is the day..
Treatment:
Chemo , recover, chemo, recover, chemo, recover
We don't know how long this will take. Every day is monitoring and deciding.
Positives ;
Haemoglobin finally up to 100
I think he feels a tiny bit better. But when the nurse asks he says much the same.
Better mobility and the diarrhea has stopped.
Colin is a little more alert when Pete and Julie visit and bring us some food for dinner
When I ask what he wants he is getting stressed and says "I don't know"
He knows he has to eat but his mouth is sore and the chemo has deaden the taste buds.
It seems when I show him the food he can make a choice. While I am heating food the partners in the kitchen are swapping notes.
He eats 3 won tons and noodles and keeps it down. Phew!
The physio visits and I tell her to do the talking as he doesn't listen to me. He feels tired after a simple routine that you and I would have missed it was so short and easy.
Cameron picks me up and we are busy cleaning the front door area of germs.
I am so tired now, must hit the sack.
Look at our beautiful garden and smell the pretty roses. At the moment.
Might be looking a tad sad soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment