Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Goodie Goodie gumdrops

I have arrived with trepidation as I look around the curtain to see  if this is a good hour or a bad hour.
A good morning.   I hated leaving last night but I knew it was worse for me to stay and the nurses take control when I reiterated my fear of him falling as he is so Shakey and his determination not to ask for help.
The infection is being fought as he feels better,  at least we can actually talk today.  He had diarrhea and now in a gown.  I said not used to sitting down in a dress as you need to ease the fabric or it pulls at the neck.
I eat my lunch in the lunch room and clean up with boiled water as infection is a major.  Colin keeps telling me to sterilize my hands.
Guess when I go home I will buy it by the truck load and smear it everywhere. Icky Icky
My suggestion of taking to the Cat with didn't bring up good visuals!

He ate Mum's jook thank goodness and I was so stressed and cranky this morning I wasn't going to take it.  I had been toting food and just pouring it down the sink as he was eating by the spoonful. Thanks mum. So glad you made me take it.  Sorry for the out burst.
Doing something little like eat has weakened him so  quick chat and bye bye again.

Room with a view
Yayyyy .  I have made a plea with the head nurse as I saw a vacant room and I get it shortly.  I can get a lazy boy and sleep and also have our own fridge and more space and privacy.  Must be your prayers for him.  Thank goodness.  Less noisy visitors  much better for him.
This is an up day at the moment.
I feel so relieved and way better. The messages are all read and help to get me back on track with my thinking.

Weight lose/gains.
I unfortunately lost weight then gained some back. Unbelievable but because I am so sedentary I am not burning enough calories.  Should do 5000  to 10000 steps per day.  I was probably doing 1000 or less.  Not good.  The bowel packed up to.  Just telling you to warn you.  All go and make sure you see your doctor with any niggles and get a blood test done annually.  Over 50s should all have a colonoscopy.  Get exercising and keep up the dancing.
Watch what you eat.

Doctor just stopped and said it is still going to be a bit rough after the chemo.  Fevers,  shakes etc body is working through it  but necessary

The Hilton hotel
It's not but it feels like it after the back Packers dormitory.i have never been so excited to see a lazyboy
i have to stay ton ight as the nurses and Colin asked me to. 
The rollrcoaster of his up down condition is becoming clear and i am getting used to it.
Now i know why i didnt want to be a nurse. Now doing bedpan, urinals, feeding, washing and cleaning up after bowel motions. 
all good though. i may not  be posting tomorrow as have no chord to charge battery. didnt know i was staying.
all comfy here at the Hilton. 
Meals being delivered even.
Night all

1 comment:

  1. High Five to you Colin.

    You are going great. Low on energy, but I bet your mind is pretty damn strong. Fight the bastard with your mind. I apologise for my language, but I can't find nice words to express how I feel.

    Jock

    ReplyDelete