Thursday, 29 January 2015

Looking up

Love is..... Being able to phone a friend,  a friend, a friend.......

My stay last night was a bit better.  I went home to shower and cat napped on the way back to the hospital yesterday  Brendon and Cameron visited when they took me back and Colin was talking oddly again which made us chuckle.  A reaction to one of the anti nausea drugs.
Did have a major in one of our bathroom visits.  Suffice to say I called the nurses as I didn't know where to start and they are wonderful and so kind up here.
Glad I wasn't a nurse because it is okay doing cares for Colin but not for someone I don't know.
Jenny wong said this ward opened only months ago and it is so specialized.  Am so impressed as the nurses are specialised as well.

He is eating really well which is good considering what is served  but I have a stash in the fridge and will go out when able to get food.
They are not allowed take aways or cold food.  Basically all home made.  Can not keep in fridge more than 2days. Bacteria
We have become bacteria phobic.
AM
Colin is better with personal  cares today and was able to  brush teeth and eat by himself.
Had an episode of fever and more drugs.  Just learning this is common.  All Topsy turvey.
2 steps forward 1 back but can go any way every hour of the day.
PM
On walking to Newmarket friend Susie was close by and helped me shop and returned me to the hospital.  Nice break.
Sister Julie bought in yum char and Colin enjoyed a mini second lunch.  Fab. Even ate a tiny bit for lunch but I might have pushed too had and he was uncomfortably full. 5 small meals better and using the supplement drinks.
Progress. Friends and family turning up just when needed.  Denise popped in and bought cakes.  Just what I felt like and shred with our lovely nurse Claire.
Night
A change again as his temperature rises high and they call the registrar and urologist.  All common problems but trying to work out where the infection is coming from now so they can target the antibiotics. I have decided to stay again as he is shivering and unstable on his feet.
Yayyy
Last of the chemo stopped this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment