Love is.... All around you
Yes I know that is a song, one we could dance to
The Roller-coaster across the bottom has begun.
Infections and spiking temps mean lots of observations and Bloods and pills and fluids, Dr's and samples.
More toileting
Have to be so careful with infections and cleanliness especially food prep and type.
Sterile wiped my phone. Yucky. Do you know how dirty that was?
I know you are all going to do that too.
STOP CHEMO PARTY
I had a party for one as Colin was totally asleep. I ate 2 slices of cake that Denise delivered just at the right time. Shared with lovely nurse Claire. I could have lit a candle if I had one.
Just shared chocolates too with the night staff as they are pretty tired and appreciate it.
Plan to butter them up so when I am not here they will take extra care of Colin.
Anyway best for me not to eat too much
Life is in this room and between toileting there is a lot to do believe it or not.
Cleaning and prep. Food organising. Helping him with mouth wash, tablets (had about 8 at once last night. Hopefully will manage to shower him sometime today.
Visiting next week maybe:
Shortly I will send you a link to choose visiting.
Between 2-4 pm
Only 1 set of visitors each day at first
Please wear colour to make it cheery
No flowers due to infections
Don't touch Colin please, a wave will be enough
Do the microshield or hand wash on entry and exit
He will love to see you but I cannot guarantee how he will be each day
Thanks
AM
Doctors round and looks like he has a chest infection. Now AB change broad spectrum. He is really tired and I have finally got all the cares sorted by11am so having a sit down and a cracker snack for me.
Good news his weight is stable as I am trying to feed all the time between up and go and food. He gets grumpy with me. Ha
PM
After eating his macaroni I ducked out to Newmarket with BFF Glenda and Susie for lunch and to get supplies and a bit of a break. A life saver and thanks girls, just to take my mind off it for a we while. I come in to see him brighter and I made a banana chocolate ice cream yoghurt Smoothie. Trying to get good bacteria into his gut.
No comments:
Post a Comment