Day 18
Love is ......enduring
This feels like an endurance race and I am just starting it. But the LOVE IS getting me through the first post. I hope I can last the distance. 8 hours a day I spend up there and don't mind at all, just if Colin was more awake I could talk to him. It is like a nice job though and I look forward to stepping in the door now to see how the night went. Then carry on with all the prep. The partners of patients talk a ilot and that helps to get more information, support others and be on the same level of understanding. Of course they are still jealous of my Dial A Dinners and want a good look each meal time. I could have had a takeaway store at the door the other night as food was falling out of the little fridge. Cameron enjoyed his meal that night!
Blood
The life force being pumped into Colin daily
If you wish to help further please consider giving blood. The ward go through heaps of it here and I am thankful for the donors who are so giving. You can really help to keep someone alive with this donation. Plus apart from a small discomfort it cost you nothing.
Your body is a blood factory and in these patients the factory went kaputz!
I will go back when I get stronger but don't be put off by the questionnaire you must fill in.
It is weird but has to cover all bases. Just hacks me off when the lady asks about your medical health out loud in front of all the other donors and they all stare at you.
Going to ask her if she wants to announce my high blood pressure any louder?
PM
Colin is looking better in colour and more responsive and awake a little more today.I am tired and need a sleep. Jenny Wong has taken me for a nice lunch down the road and I have come back to see Daphne and Colin visiting. Gosh my Colin is perky compared with recent days and eat a scone and his meal replacement. Good news his weight is up 1.5 kilos.Cant believe what we are doing is making a difference. Finally.
Night
Dinner doesnt go so well. not interested and feeling sickie again. oh dear. makes your heart sink. I decide to try an ice block.Coming up with ideas is draining.
Now we also have a social worker who i sent packing because we would rather have the visitors.Later is fine. Bonnie does pickup again to my car as I am exhausted today.
Its good to see you both smiling. I will be over tomorrow to do some housework. Your kitchen will be spick and spankingly clean and sanitised...love from the housemaid.
ReplyDelete