3 weeks - yesterday
Love is...... Just being here for him
Night:
What a difference 1 hour can make. Colin is now on specific drugs for the lung infection which he could have developed before. Unfortunately the reaction to the AB's is, it may affect his heart so he had ECG before and at 2am. His blood pressure dropped significantly low enough to warrant continued monitoring and back on drip for fluids. 78/56 is way too low and it came up a bit but still very low. The nurses are great with action here. Now he is on a cardiac monitor and being tracked downstairs continually. Make toileting interesting with plugs and trolleys and lines. Had to temporarily stop the drugs till doctors assess again.
Blog
I see over 4600 hits so far so keep watching. I may not be able to update as the battery is going and looking at it on my phone makes me cross-eyed at the small print. Sorry about spelling mistakes but the predictive text is a pain and the blog site glitches. Thanks for the messages which we read but can't reply to.
Going to be a long day
PM
Doctors round think that the results my be wrong for the lung infection but will continue with another drug orally due to the effects. Another team will call to discuss but we have not seen them today. This week he will also have another C T scan on lungs and US scan on liver as a precaution but could be cocktail of drugs upsetting things. Colin is still very tired but improved from yesterday when he was very uncomfortable. I notice that his coughing is a little less violent so hope treatment is working. We have both slept side by side today as there was little sleep happening last night. I plan to head home after dinner as he seems better and I need a rest.
Night:
What an improvement. Colin is more alert and not so nauseous. Mary Y has brought corn soup and noodles and he can have some soup. Debbie and Rick bring fresh caught schnapper and rice and veges and he also eats some. I'm so pleased and can leave him for the night in the great hands of the nursing staff.
Crisis averted. Lovely food will be consumed tomorrow. So pleased I don't have to think about cooking as it is just too hard.
Tell Doc to hang on in there. He certainly is having a rough spell and you are his rock Louise. Let us know if you need anything, food, a lift, whatever. Would you like us to bring dinner or would you like to come home for dinner. We can make a nice casserole.....your neighbour
ReplyDelete