ODay 16
Love is..... In his every smile
And mine
Yes more smiles yesterday. :-) Little less frowns. He frowns when he sleeps so I can tell he is uncomfortable but he won't tell me. If the nurse askes he tells her everything.
Hence my raised eyebrows!
I keep my mouth shut and smile . You know that is hard for me.
Dial a dinner
The partners of patients congregate in the small kitchen. Sandra cooks up a storm. I tell them I have "dial a dinner" (I have lots of goodies to reheat to the max)
Sandra laughs and says "good on you"
One lady said "really where do you get that, I have never heard of them"
I tell her we have wonderful friends who can really cook and I need them
We all giggle.
They wish they had the same. Lol
Lucky I got plenty of fat reserves. Wish I could give it to Colin but he looks fine, just can't afford to get any thinner. People will think I am starving my husband, otherwise.
Complete opposite as I feed him 3-4 times a day and he is getting cross with me asking what he would like. He says " I just don't know"
Blog
Keep watching the latest posts as I update late at night and through the day.
I have had over 3000 hits and traffic from Ireland, UK and Aussie and USA where family and friends are too.
Shhhhhhhhh.
Don't tell him but after the physio called I have a plan to get him dressed and out his room door. Golly it is only a few metres. He is resistant. Very stubborn sometimes. He has gotten very good at ordering me around and getting me to hold his cup! Things are going to change shortly.
Dove update:
That's funny no cooing at all this morning. Where did he go or is it the rain that made him move?
Bummer, he is still here
Today:
Colins weight has dropped and he needs to concentrate on food. George and Mary visited with his dinner so with your better quality delicious food he may improve quickly. Haemoglobin dropped a bit so if it goes below 90 he will need a transfusion. Susie has also dropped some food to me and had quick visit out to get supplies with Susie and Claire makes a big difference. Uncle Alan, Uncle David and Colin's mum come for a Visit while I am out.
He is tired out and just feeling so so. I will get some more lunch and rest up too
So frustrating that this progress is sooooo slow but we eye warned.
Now the temperature is up again so see why the night is like
There are so many stories here especially how rapidly this disease takes over the body.
Met a lady Christine who's daughter is 20 and really struggling. Mother is staying In here constantly. We are so lucky that we have so many friends and that Colin is so ameniable. The supporters are talking and helping each other just by chatting. So pleased that I can go home for a break eat bad food while watching TV and just chill out.
I Louise, it was good to see you still keeping happy and positive when I picked you up to go hospital again and I thought of you with a quote from Anna Freud:
ReplyDelete"I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence....but it comes from within. It is there all the time" And with this I thought was you Louise. Keeping strong and with family and friends too you always will be.
Cheers The 'other' Sandra.... & Kevin.
Hi again Louise, sorry I wasn't meant to start that last comment with "I Louise...." hahaha. George will be ticking me off for my spelling mistakes again!... a big hug to Colin from us ok. The 'other' Sandra
ReplyDelete