Sunday, 1 February 2015

Baby Steps

Love is..... Spending special time together

The fat dove is cooing again but a little further away.  About 6 days ago it moved a distance as if to say
"I am here but know you need some space "
I kind of wait for him to sing and hope he finds a mate  and perches somewhere else
Cameron is lying in wait with the air soft gun.  Maybe that is why he is keeping away.
Don't worry they are only plastic balls not bullets.
Any way I'm not sure if he can aim straight at 6 am.
(heard them in Newmarket too)

My friend said her ex husband had been trying to kill himself for years and not succeeded.
She is so angry he wasn't the one to get this instead. 
He smokes heavily, is obese and eats badly.  Did  lots of drugs which naffed his brain.  Has diabetes.  Doesn't exercise. Lives on a benefit so we are supporting him!
We chuckle about it. I wish it wasn't us to. Sometimes I think,  it isn't happening

Colin  has been asleep so much I have things to say but must wait. The chemo fog they call it seems to be wearing off and he could think a bit more and speak a bit more clearly.  Plan for a shower and start mobilizing him with a view to get back independence.  He was still running a temperature but not getting the shakes or delirium yesterday.  Can come on so quickly though.  We partners are sharing information and stories and feelings but keep our physical distance because off germs.

AM
I have arrived to find him asleep because he has done a normal routine and even shaved himself,  brushed teeth and mouth wash completed.
Believe it or not that what comes easily is now tough going. 

PM
Lunch went really well and Cameron  and I think he should tick Large portions from now on.  Got to porky him up if possible.
Two Unexpected visitors but it is too hard even though he looks good,  you can not see what lies beneath.
Little blood cells trying to regenerate and do their job for the body. Asleep again
Whoops a sudden nausea moment.  Waiting for tablets to work so he can eat yummy shepherds pie my sister Debbie made.
just didnt happen

See the cute picture drawn by Denise and Jason kids Cameron and Zac.
The goodies killing the bad cells.  Love it.

2 comments:

  1. I remember many years ago the journey I had with the cancer the chaos I had ; when I 1st found out it was as if I had been hit by a bus.on reflection back Louise we often take on all the responsibilities of the family and life turns into a tornado.too many things to do and not enough time
    When you first awake in the morning
    Math 6:33 see eye first the kingdom of God
    Find a quiet and secluded place and pray to God for Colin's healing of his body and especially his soul.
    Luke 18:27 for what is impossible for man is possible with God
    Reliance on God will help you get thru the impossibility of the tasks of the day Louise.
    Take care our prayers are with you.
    Blessings
    An old family friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise and Colin, so good to be able to make Colin larf again too (musta been my face!!!!) and when I saw it again on my iphone thought what a great shot of you both too. Glad he liked my Chinese mushrooms too and able to swallow it being in very small cube sizes too. Another quote made me think of you too Louise..... by Bernice Reagon, reads......
    "Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're suppose to help you discover who you are".... And You Louise are a very strong person being there for Colin and your sons, helping them all through this with your strength. Keep it up and Colins smile will just get bigger and bigger.!!!!!!.....
    Cheers The 'other' Sandra (and Kevin)

    ReplyDelete