Monday, 26 January 2015

POLPS

Love is..... Having support from amazing friends and family.

Hey guys,   though you haven't been able to get to see me and Colin,  we SO know you are  there for us and just the messages are enough for now.
Will be calling you for sure but having trouble remember all of it.  So forgive my forgetfulness.

POLP
(Partners of leukemia patients)
This is the name I have given  to us partners
There is this amazing godsend polp  called Sandra
Yes a version of the other one we know.
She
-talks flat out
-is effervescent
-is a fountain of knowledge
- is kind and helpful
-is cooking up a storm in the mini oven
- has sassy spiked hairdo
-wears colourful clothes and perfect makeup
- says  don't hesitate to ask her for help!! :-D

Yes remind you of some one else?  Truly like a NZ copy
She is teaching me the ropes and I am learning as fast as I can
Her husband is 2 weeks now we are 1.

She is cooking lamb chops,  courgette slice,  cheese toasties etc

The bath
Sandra said treatment is like a bath shape
During chemo it is the slide down one side and they get really low
Then when it stops they go along the bottom for quite a while just on a plateau
Finally they start to climb out as they improve.
There will be lots of baths though.
I can handle it

Visiting
Still NO visiting just yet but will be soon,  we will need you to break the tedium.  
Nick is setting up a spread sheet and I will send it out for you to choose a time so there are not too many people  at once,  or on one day.
Golly we have about 5 weeks to fill in
Please don't come if you have been in contact with sick  children (measles,  mumps,  chicken pox,  colds etc in the last 3 weeks)
Or if you are not well with colds,  coughs,  diarrhea or vomiting,  virus,  infections
It is just not fair on Colin or other patients
Their immune system is compromised as they have no defense mechanism to fight bugs

DAY 8
Can you believe it.  Day 8!
This time last week I was having my hair done,  blissfully planning my day unaware of the events to follow.
Glenda has picked me up and brought goodies and we arrive at lunchtime
Colin is sitting up eating breakfast.  He is chipper and looking way better.
I can't  believe it he ate the whole plate of egg.
We have chatted and now he is tired.
I got told off: "moving the  bed up and down makes me feel sick"
This is a good sign. 
More smiles today.  My heart is healing a bit,  cautiously.
I see My Colin again
:-) 

afternoon:

Not so good this afternoon. cranky at me but that is fine.
I sit here with the ticking of the life giving pumps putting in chemo, fluids and blood
His pin cushion arms are a bit better and the bruising is still there over his chest and arms.
His skin is delicate so great care with showering but a quiet afternoon

Night:

I am not going to tell you this is easy. He is not good now. picked up an infection which is common now. 
Bummer. Antibiotics
Plus they tell me he is having Chemo for 7 days now but we are day 5 
Chemo so 2 more days. Hold on dear hold on.


1 comment:

  1. I lost my brother to cancer but thru these testing times God teaches us many lessons .prayer is important but also diet.Cancer feeds on meat and dairy products .there are many foods that are helpful like Apricot kernals and pineapple juice from only the juice press machined like the Oscar.soya bean is a good option to milk
    So we become what we eat so be careful what you bring for Colin at the hospital.so keep praying remember the power of prayer .It will surprise you.All you have to do is believe in Christ acknowledge your sin and Christ will take care of you 2 Corinthians 1:8
    We must rely on God in these times
    Our prayers are with you all
    An old friend

    ReplyDelete