Colin was pretty wiped out last night and his body is assimilating the chemo.
Please visit for short times 1/2 hour probably long enough if he is tired.
10 minutes if there are other people
It is good for him to see you
There is a Whanau room down by room 20 at the end of the corridor
Kitchenette next to it.
You can use the room to wait and get a cuppa in the kitchen. Hot and cold water comes out of the tap.
Heat up food etc
(unfortunately there seems to be a Whanau resident in there, but you can sit in the gym too)
If I am not there you can ask him if he wants a drink.
There are green tea bags beside him. Don't give him normal tea if possible, no coffee
Milo okay.
I will see what his appetite is like today.
He is having trouble focusing on subjects and is big effort to concentrate and socialise.
I just tell him what is going on. Will take up the paper and read to him.
Help him to toilet or with food, tidy up, help with mouth washes.
So you can do that too if I am not there.
Good for him to do things to keep his muscles strong.
The nurse said he is so good and not complaining and that is him
Thanks
All the messages and emails, text we are receiving and he likes them. They are lovely. Positive thoughts etc are making us stronger.
Too hard to reply to all.
XXXOOOOXXX
:-)
Hey Louise,although Mary and I have not visited yet,it don't mean we don't care.
ReplyDeleteGive our love to Colin.Tell him we are constantly thinking and praying that he can beat this disease.I also miss you guys at Albert's.
Good work with the blogging.This way everyone knows exactly what is happening without the hassle of ringing or emailing you with the same questions.
With all our love and best wishes,George and Mary xxxxx